Sunday, August 31, 2008

First Day of School '08

Well the kids first day of school went well. They were all so excited. We had gone to visit the school the Friday before they started to see their classrooms and say hello to their teachers. They could hardly wait after that. Dad gave the kids each a father's blessing, which they all look forward too. It was very nice and I always love the strong spirit that is their during these blessings. Then we headed off to school. We got them all lined up with their teacher and then took a peek in their classrooms before heading home. Makenzie goes to kindergarten in the afternoon so we took her at 12:30. Then we noticed Drake forgot his lunch the first day of school so he had to have hot lunch. Makenzie was a little nervous. She cried that morning and said she wanted to stay home with me. I think she was just trying to make me feel good. Once we got to school she held on to my leg for a minute and then got right in line. There are a lot of little girls in her class that she already knows so that helped. I actually did okay on this day, but the next few days that I put her on the bus I cried a little. I can't believe that they are growing up so fast. They all had a wonderful first day and loved it. Tyson just hung out with mom and dad. We ran a lot of errands this week while they were all in school. He's going to be my little friend while everyone else is in school. We went to pick the kids up but they all wanted to ride the bus home so we took pictures as they got off the bus.

No comments: