WOW!! That is my first word about my mom. It amazes me more and more each day how much she has done to raise all of us kids. Being a mom now helps me to be more and more grateful for the WONDERFUL job that she has done.
She is and ALWAYS was THERE for us. She is always looking for ways to help and never says no. She is aware of each of our families and our needs. She always says to me, I wish I could do more for you. I feel bad that I'm so far away. I love her for that and know that she would do anything for us.
Wonderful GRANDMA!! She is always checking in on the kids and wondering how things are going. She always seems to have a little something for them when she comes or when we go to visit. The kids want to go to Heber City all of the time and Makenzie even thought that she lived there once because we all get to sleep over.
As I look back I did a little bit of everything and my parents seem to never miss anything. She SUPPORTed me in whatever I did and put countless hours into sewing costumes, making treats, decorating lockers, etc. She always had her foot in whatever we were all doing and was always helping out.
Mom will say different but I really don't remember her yelling much or getting mad. If she did I think we didn't take her serious. She had to have a lot of PATIENCE raising 8 kids and a husband.
She is always COOKING and cleaning. She always cooked from scratch to feed us and was always up early making a whole lot of lunches for school each morning while dad cooked breakfast. After cooking she'd just get all the mess cleaned up and it was time to start again. She was always canning something. Now out on my own I realize just how much work that really is. But I crave all that stuff that we grew up on.
I have to work on this one a little more.
Mom you taught me the importance of teaching the GOSPEL in the HOME. Of course remember scripture study each morning and FHE each week. What a wonderful example that sets for us all to carry on with our own families. I would she her reading her scriptures and saying her prayers and that was a great example for me.
Her wonderful example of SERVING OTHERS by countless numbers of meals, watching kids, volunteering, church callings, and everything else is a wonderful lesson I also learned from her.
There is so much more that I could write but most of all mom thank you for being you and doing what you do best being a mom and grandma. Thank you!! I Love You MOM!! We all love you so much. Happy Mother's Day!!
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the post it was amazing. I loved reading all your thoughts on mom. She was amazing. I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day, we missed you.
Post a Comment